This week is National Veterinary Technician Week. At Cloquet Animal Hospital, we love and appreciate our veterinary technicians all year round. But this week, we want to take some time to pay special recognition to our veterinary technicians and all that they do for us and for our patients. They are an integral part of our team, and we could not provide the level of care that we do without them.
What Do Veterinary Technicians Do?
Veterinary technicians play a vital role in animal hospitals and clinics. They work alongside veterinarians to provide medical care for animals. They are responsible for many tasks, including:
- Administering vaccinations and medications
- Drawing blood and performing laboratory tests
- Assisting with surgeries
- Providing patient care before, during, and after procedures
- Educating pet owners about at-home care
Why We Love Our Veterinary Technicians
At Cloquet Animal Hospital, we could not provide the high level of care that we do without our skilled and dedicated veterinary technicians. They are an essential part of our team, and we are so grateful for everything they do. Here are just a few of the reasons why we love our veterinary technicians:
- They have a passion for animals. We know that our veterinary technicians care deeply about the welfare of animals. They choose this career because they want to make a difference in the lives of pets and their families.
- They have the skills and knowledge to provide top-notch care. Veterinary technicians receive extensive training in animal health. They know how to properly administer medications and vaccines, draw blood, perform laboratory tests, assist with surgeries, and much more. We know that we can count on our veterinary technicians to provide the best possible care for our patients.
- They have a heart for service. Our veterinary technicians are always willing to go above and beyond to help our patients and their families. They take the time to answer questions, provide support, and make sure that everyone understands their options. We know that we can always count on our veterinary technicians to be there for us when we need them.
This National Veterinary Technician Week, we want to take some time to reflect on how much we appreciate our veterinary technicians here at Cloquet Animal Hospital. They play a vital role in everything that we do, and we could not provide the same level of care without them. Thank you, veterinary technicians, for everything that you do!
Image credit: Unsplash